Hobby fly-tiers watch out! You know how to tie flies, to combine select materials into something as unique and authentic as can be, and create your own killer patterns? Go ahead, hurry up, get tying, and compete in the EFFA Open 2018!
This EFFA Open unites the European fly-tying community and is being organized for the seventh time by EFFA’s Fly- Tying Department. The EFFA Open is an open fly-tying contest where only non-professional tiers will present their patterns to compete.
Here are the rules:
You may select your presentations from following categories. You may compete in one, two, or all categories. Prescribed hook sizes are mandatory.
• dry fly hook #12
• nymph hook #10
• streamer hook # 6
The jury consists of internationally well known tiers, who will judge all entries according to aspect, tying method, sophistication, and authenticity. The entries will be presented for evaluation anonymously and simultaneously. The winners will be presented at the Aqua Fish Fair in Friedrichshafen on Sunday, March 11th, 2018. There will be three winners per category. Prizes will be non-monetary, but definitely attractive! Winners not present at the fair will be notified in writing within two weeks after nomination.
Conditions of participation:
• EFFA (European Fly Fishing Association) is a European Association. Therefore only participants from Europe may compete.
• Only non-professional tiers are eligible. Professional tiers (definition: tiers who derive any income from fly-tying) will not be accepted.
• Anyone respecting the above limitations may compete, regardless of age.
• Participants may present patterns for one, two, or all three categories
• Every pattern must be presented in duplicate.
• Materials coming from protected species are not permitted
• Hook-sizes stated above are mandatory!
• Any entries not respecting the rules and conditions will inevitably lead to disqualification of the relevant patterns/tiers!
• All flies entered in the contest will become the sole property of EFFA
• Deadline for entries is February 19th, 2018.
Entry-Form / Info: http://www.effa.info/en/fly-tying-contests.html
Adress your entries to:
Switzerland: Daniele Di Fronzo, Widenmattweg 13, CH-5706 Boniswil
All other Countries: Wolfgang Fabisch, Nürnberger Strasse 45, D-90542 Eckental