A good look at the competition, the participants fished through some showers of rain and in a fresh wind.
The pond which is closest to the restaurant and the fly-fishing lake of Trout Fishery and Restaurant De Berenkuil in Putten were reserved for the Dutch Hardy Cup 2018; a competition that was fished on Saturday the 28th of April.
Text and pictures Rudy van Duijnhoven
There were 39 competitors in this edition of the Hardy Cup, a competition that is organised each year by Leon Godijk in close co-operation with Hardy and the Berenkuil.
During the day 234 trout were caught, on the lake often in a very good size.
Nymphs, lures, dry flies and imitations of salmon eggs all produced their share of fish.
Two of the piers on the lake were used in the competition as well.
The impressive prize table with three Hardy rods, two Hardy reels and a number of fly-lines. Hardy and Greys dealer Handy Fish – Bert Schouten was present with a stand with some of the new products of these firms.
Choices, choices; what fly to use next?
All during the day sessions were fished, after which the competitiors moved on a number of places each time. There were also pauzes for coffee and lunch.
All the results are put into the computer program.
Around a quarter past seven in the evening the winners were announced. These are the first ten in the final ranking:
Martijn Severin, 19 trout, 197,5 points.
2. Nico Dekker, 17 trout, 245 points.
3. Jeroen Westerveld, 9 trout, 251,50 points.
4. Djim Hietman, 10 trout, 256,50 points.
5. Peter Jansen, 10 trout, 259,50 points.
6. Richard van der Meer, 12 trout, 264 points.
7. Jan Kwisthout, 10 trout, 265 points.
8. Bram Zanis, 11 trout, 275 points.
9. Marcel Bakker, 7 trout, 280,5 points.
10. Annemarieke Slinger, 7 trout, 283,5 points.