Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures is pleased to announce new dates and locations for the company’s hands-on, destination fishing and travel photography workshops for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. These all-inclusive, multi-day destination schools take place throughout the year in a variety of different international and domestic locations, and each school offers a fantastic teacher-to-student ratio for the highest level of hands-on instruction.
The fall 2018 immersive workshops will take place at El Pescador Lodge, one of the top lodges in the Caribbean located on Ambergris Caye in northern Belize. The fall program – scheduled for the dates of November 12 – 18, 2018 will be led by Yellow Dog’s Director of Photography, Bryan Gregson, one of the most well-known and accomplished outdoor and fishing photographers in the industry. Each school will also feature at least one additional guest instructor. Past instructors have included Jim Klug, a widely-published photographer, author and speaker.
All Yellow Dog photo schools include daily classroom sessions, hands-on instruction, several full days of guided fishing, unique photo field trips, evening critique and discussion sessions, comprehensive class materials, lodging and meals. Curriculum for workshops includes such topics as:
• Creative composition for outdoor photographers
• Effectively using circular polarizers and ND filters
• Underwater photography: equipment and techniques
• Night photography: stars and light painting
• Proper fish handling techniques and shooting quality “hero” shots
• Packing and travel advice for outdoor photographers
• Recommended “kit” and equipment lists for fishing photographers
• Sunrise and sunset shooting techniques
• Travel photography: Food, fishing, people, places and things
• File handling: downloading, labeling, editing and organizing
• Social media techniques for the independent outdoor photographer
• Nighttime photo walks
The Yellow Dog photo schools are designed for photographers of all skill levels, from first-time shooters to those with more experience. Whether you’ve just purchased your first DSLR camera and are interested in learning the basics, or you’re a seasoned amateur-to-intermediate-level photographer wanting to take your fishing and travel images to the next level, this workshop will absolutely advance your skill level and improve your photos in the field. All classes have at least two professional photographers instructing who are always able (and happy) to teach and accommodate photographers of all skill levels. Dynamic itineraries and locations, diverse instructional techniques, and a curriculum designed specifically for outdoor travel and fishing photography will all combine to help you to “up your game” and make the most of your future fishing trips.
“The Belize photo workshop was amazing. It’s hard to come up with anything that was not covered or ideas for what you could do better!” – Andy T. (New York)
To learn more about the Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures Photography Workshop, please click here.