Head for the hills
Escape the heatwave and hike high into the Welsh hills to find quality trout. Ceri Thomas is your guide…
10 ways to catch more salmon & sea trout
Improve your approach to make the most of the migratory runs when it rains.
How to beat the heat
Get down to deep, deep summer reservoir trout – the gear, the tactics, the set-ups, the flies and essential hints.
Make your duo deadlier
Howard Croston tells us how he sets up for ‘Klink ‘n Dink’ and the various ways he makes it even more effective.
A new way of looking at terrestrials
A new take on imitation and tying unfortunate fall-ins.
Which knot do you think is best? We test to breaking-point five popular tippet-to-hook links.
Plus loads more, including:
• Evening star: A CdC Caddis to pull up summer trout
• Canny Scottish salmon fisher: A tour of the north’s Association beats
• Permit on a rising tide: Mark Bowler reports from a Belize mothership trip
• Disturbing sign: Reading the giveaway sub-surface whorl
• £22,000 Megan Boyd flies: Record-breaking auction report
• The Usual Suspects, including: Magnus Angus’ reviews, View from the Chalkstreams, Neil Patterson and plenty more!