A class above
Howard Croston describes his tactics for winkling out trout at the World Championships.
Take a spate river masterclass
6 secret tips from the Irish salmon guides.
Scrape the bottom
Adopt a simple technique to fish deep on stillwater or river.
Build a glittering future
How sparkly threads are stealing the limelight.
The land of the rising trout
Trout and land-locked salmon fishing in the Japanese hills using 7oz tippet.
Crack the Editor’s Giant Christmas Quizword
Fill in the grid to win a hand-crafted wooden Hilditch fly clock.
Plus loads more, including:
- Into the red zone: An Irish top dropper with a deadly touch
- It’s all relative: Why a “good fish” depends on where it was caught
- Buoyed up Bug: A new tying method surfaces for keeping terrestrials on top
- Last gasp at Wimbleball: Late outing on the lake that has risen from the ashes
- ‘D’ is for ‘Deadly’: Cataloguing a lifetime of favourite dressings
- The Usual Suspects, including: Magnus Angus’ reviews, View from the Chalkstreams, and plenty more!