RIO Products continues to offer anglers the right tools for the job with its lines, leaders, tippet and fly selection to effectively fish in any environment for nearly any fish species. See the new fly-lines for the 2020 season highlighted below or find them at EFTTEX (European Fishing Tackle Trade Association) trade show at booth CP27, June 13-15.
· RIO’s new Technical Trout line has been designed for the angler fishing at range with long leaders and needing pinpoint accuracy and feather-weight presentation. The line has a long head and back taper to increase loop stability and for long range control, and a weight distribution that easily turns over long leaders for wary trout. The line comes in both weight forward and double taper options and is ideal for fishing dries, nymphs, soft hackles, and emergers to tricky fish at distances. MSRP: $79.99.
· RIO’s InTouch Technical Trout has the same taper and weight design as the Technical Trout but is built on RIO’s ultra-low stretch ConnectCore to provide even better casting control and enhanced sensitivity when casting and fishing. With the long, fine front taper, delicate presentations and pinpoint accuracy are assured, and the extended head and back taper increases loop control to make that possible from distances. MSRP: $99.99.
· RIO’s Fathom Sinking Lines are designed for easy distance casting and complete fly control. Designed for the lake angler, each line has a short, quick-loading head to minimize the number of false casts and to gain distance quickly, and the color contrast between the head and the running line easily show the ideal loading point. Each line is also built with a Hang Marker to show anglers when to stop stripping and fish the “hang”. Available in four densities ranging from Type 3 to Type 7, these lines retail for $79.99.
· The Fathom CleanSweep Sinking Lines are built with a clear intermediate front end seamlessly attached to a faster sinking body and then to a slower sinking running line. This blend of sink rates results in a deadly fly path through the water with the line sweeping the depths during a retrieve to cover a multitude of depths with each cast. It also has a Hang Marker to indicate when to stop stripping. MSRP: $79.99.
· RIO’s InTouch Stillwater Floater is designed to cast long leaders and multiple fly setups as well as to easily turn over indicator rigs. It is perfect for fishing from shore or from a boat. MSRP: $99.99.
· The Euro Nymph Shorty is an ultra-thin, super-sensitive line designed for Euro nymphing. It is 20-feet in length and can be added to the front end of a regular fly line utilizing the thin welded loop on each end. The angler can quickly attach this to the line to fish a run Euro nymph style and then take off the “Shorty” and revert to traditional overhead casting again with ease. MSRP: $29.99.
· Building on the success of RIO’s DirectCore, RIO introduces the DirectCore Permit line to help calm permit anglers’ frayed nerves. The easy-casting taper loads at close range to fire bulky crabs in the breeze yet delivers a soft presentation that won’t spook these skittish fish. The long back taper reloads quickly for second-chance shots, and this low-stretch, low-memory DirectCore option provides impressive sensitivity when casting and fishing. MSRP: $119.99.
· The DirectCore Tarpon line features a short, powerful front taper to cast large flies while the long back taper allows stable distance casts, quick pickups, and second-chance shots. The mid-length head of 40 feet is ideal for an all-around tarpon line, and the low-stretch, low-memory DirectCore ensures the line lies perfectly straight at all times. MSRP: $119.99.
Also look at: