The brain child of Ian Gordon, this outstanding salmon reel was developed and tested to meet Ian’s strict requirements.
Ian loves the tradition, simplicity and sound of classic click and paw reels and wanted this reel to share this design with a modern twist. We added fly reel experts Colin Harvey and Gary Mills into the equation and produced the reel with their extensive experience and manufacturing skills.
After 12 months testing several prototypes, after a few minor adjustments, Ian approved the reel for production. The modern materials and design has helped produce a lightweight and robust reel that balances perfectly our modern double handed fly rods. The exposed rim on the spool allows excellent control and pressure to be applied to the reel when playing fish.
The reel is supplied with a high-quality and bespoke leather reel case also manufactured in the UK by a master saddler and keen salmon fisherman Robin Coleman.
• UK Manufactured in Redditch, England
• Classic Click and Paw design
• Exposed Spool Rim
• CNC machined from Bar stock Aluminium
• Robust cage and spool design
• Fully Anodised Cage and Spool
• Machined Stainless Steel Pinion
• Hand made screws and springs
• Laser engraved with option to personalise
• Individual serial number
• Left / Right hand wind
• Bespoke, top quality leather case made in the UK
• Available from the middle of February
Introducing the brand new, bespoke, salmon fishing reel – The Ian Gordon No 1 Salmon Reel:
Also look at: