On Sunday the 3rd of April the G.Loomis Cup was once again fished on two lakes of Trout Fishery De Kool in Heelweg in the Netherlands. As there were teams from all over Europe, this turned out to be a truly international competition. The day started with some light rain, but it was dry from half past ten or so onwards and the sun quickly gained in strength too. There was little wind for most of the day.
The results for the first ten teams:
1. Marek Walczyk & Grzegorz Golofit, Poland, 101 points, 491 cm;
2. Roman Heimlich & Ivan Vancura, Czech Republic, 128 points, 537 cm;
3. Julien Lorquet & Jason Zapoticzny, Belgium, 130 points, 395 cm;
4. Federico Santi Armantini & Valerio, Italy, 153,5 points, 1202 cm;
5. Libor Marienka & Martin Vicakvik, Czech Republic, 157,5 points, 213 cm;
6. Toby Merigan & John Emerson, UK, 162 points, 224 cm;
7. Philippe Hardy & David di Marco, Belgium, 166 points, 329 cm;
8. Andrej Wnekowicz & Adam, Poland, 170 points, 210 cm;
9. Giani Devooght & Pol De Meijer, Belgium, 172,5 points, 257 cm;
10. Richard van Dongen & Jan Kwisthout, Netherlands, 179 points, 197 cm.
Alex van Roon caught the largest trout of the day, a fish of 81 cm, next to 213 trout there were also two carp caught during the competition. There are a few more pictures to be found at http://www.beet.nl/index.php?pageid=29&newsitemtitle=g.loomis-cup-prooi-voor-buitenlandse-teams.
6 comments on Dutch G.Loomis Cup a prey for foreign teams
Nice report on this match. I notice 2 striking things. The Italian team had 1202 cm and ended 4th, they must have blanked a few beats but must have butchered some other beats to the max. And then 9 foreign teams and luckily a Dutch team on the tenth place. What a powerfull high class teams there where present and hopefully some skils and techniques can be learned for us to fill the gap. Thanks Rudy for another good report. Greetings to all contestants and readers. Bert Schouten
The Italian team had something like 25 trout in the first session, which is why they have so many centimeters along with the 153,5 points, they blanked in four session as well though. Thanks Bert for your comment.
Super report! But the 3rd team isn’t French but Belgian! 😉
Have made the correction, thanks!
Nice report Rudy! One correction please 1th place Marek Walczyk&Grzegorz Golofit . You lost my second name ?
Got lost somewhere, I have added it now. Thanks for the compliment.