Salt & Silver
Gearing up for sea trout in the sea
At newsagents from today!
Plus loads more informative articles, including:
• A hard’s day’s flight: With the coch-y-bonddu beetles
• Let’s fish the Clyde!: … for trophy trout
• The lonely Llyn: A wild trout oasis in ‘the mid-Wales desert’
• Going commando: Using short heads on a 6-weight for ‘search fishing’ reservoirs
• Sedge your bets: The caddis life-cycle – covered in 7 patterns
• Targeting trophies: Tactics and tips for big trout in clear waters
• Mopping up: The fly for August’s rivers
• Tapered leaders: Which type and brand suits your style?
• WIN! A Snowbee Prestige2 3/4 length coat, worth £189!
• Towards a new culture: Ways to bring newcomers to fly-fishing
• Dry fly tailing tips: Tie better, practical dry flies with a few extra turns of thread
• When does a dry fly become an Emerger?: … and what constitutes ‘fair fishing’
• NEW! UNDERCURRENT: Chaos in Disneyland: Is it a case of “better the beaver you see, than salmon you don’t”?
• News: Welsh anglers urged to 100% C&R on sea trout; Sheelin rivers land €185,000 enhancement project; Karl Humphries MBE; Irish Fair postponed; Powan introduced… and more
• The Usual Suspects, including: Magnus Angus’ reviews, Your Say, Shot of the Month and plenty more!
Fly Fishing and Fly Tying Magazine
Also look at: